Anna A. White
624 Stevenson Lane
Towson, MD 21286
OBJECTIVE: Position as a Foreign Service Officer, conducting diplomatic missions and advocating American policy.
• Five years of experience working as an interpreter/ translator , mostly of Russian and French languages in various international organizations
• Expertise working in political and international relations arena
• Ability to speak five foreign languages
• Knowledge of Immigration and International law
• ATA ( American Translators Association) member
• Successfully completed undergraduate and graduate studies in Translation and Interpretation.
RELEVANT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Interpretation and Translation
• Worked with Limited English Proficiency people in courts and medical organizations assisting with interpretation and facilitating understanding between a client and a service provider.
• Assisted Baltimore City agencies in translating their vital documents needed for the implementation of the Language Access Program that was successfully launched in spring of this year.
Work with immigrants and refugees
• Served as an intermediate between immigrants experiencing difficulties adjusting to a new way of living and service providers, helped a lot of new Americans to adopt features and nuances of American society.
• Administered Targeted Assistance Grant for hard-to- place refugees providing special training of American life peculiarities, Work Style classes, and ESOL classes that resulted in successful graduation and employment of 160 refugees.
International Relations experience
• Worked with international government and business delegations from around the world who wanted to learn more about Baltimore City Local Government and Business structure, providing them one day tours of Baltimore City agencies and business organizations.
• Supported and staffed the Sister-Cities committees meetings, giving their members guidance and helping them to establish friendly relationship with Baltimore’s Sister- Cities around the world, the program resulted in successful cultural, educational, and business exchanges.
2007-Present Immigrant Program Coordinator, Mayor’s Office of
International and immigrant Affairs, Baltimore, MD
2005-2007 Interpreter/Translator, Maryland Court System, Baltimore,
2004-2005 Interpreter and Receptionist, on board of the Cruise Liner
“Magic I,” Larnaca, Cyprus
Pre-2004 Teacher of English and French languages, High School,
RELEVANT EDUCATION AND TRAINING
M.A., American University, School of International Service, Regional, and Comparative Studies, Middle East, expected in 2010
M.A., Odessa National University (Ukraine), Interpretation/Translation Studies, 2004
B.A., Odessa National University (Ukraine), Interpretation/Translation, 2003