Visit www.neamb.com for more benefits!
We Represent You
- Before California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, which accredits teacher-education programs,sets credential standards and fees, and develops and administers statewide tests.
- On CTA minority caucuses, (African American, Asian/Pacific Islander, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Hispanic), on caucuses related to disabilities and early childhood, and on the CTA Ethnic Minority Affairs Committee.
- Before other state and federal education boards and committees.
- By lobbying and testifying in Sacramento and Washington, DC, when legislation affects us (testing, tuition, financial aid, etc.).
- With voting participants on the CTA State Council of Education and on special CTA task forces on issues that directly affect students and beginning teachers.
- On the NEA Board of Directors, on NEA committees and as delegates to the NEA Representative Assembly.
We Keep you Informed
SCTA members receive...
- SCTA I Choose to Teach statewide newsletter
- CTA-NEA California Educator - statewide professional magazine
- NEA Today - national professional newspaper
- Tomorrow's Teachers publications
We Protect You
- $1,000,000 liability insurance and legal protection when you work with students as a part of your preparation to be a teacher
- A life insurance benefit that increases with each year of continuous CTA membership up to $2,000
- $1,000 accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Low rates on auto, homeowners/renters insurance
- Disaster Relief Fund through FACT provides grants and no-cost interest loans to teachers who are victims of natural disasters in the state
- Legal assistance on specified credential matters
- Research services - studies, publications, etc.
- Key job contacts
- Salary-schedule information
- Workshops and conferences
- Scholarships available
- Credit Union privileges
- Discount on movie tickets, museums, amusement park entrance fees, new and used cars through the auto purchasing program, cruises, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages